Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I wished I could stay in that uncomfortable chair at that tiny table in that freezing place all day

I go to that Starbucks because it's close, opens early, and has free wifi. I dutifully purchase a product to use the space each morning. But I don't like it.

It's cold, the chairs are uncomfortable for long periods, the internet can lag at times, and the tables are tiny. Did I mention it's cold? I don't get cold easily, but I've typed through shivering hands there. Sweater, pants, and shoes are required. I usually wear a beanie too.

But this morning, I didn't want to go to work. I wanted to stay there so I could work on the business.

One of the many people I talked to before deciding to start a business told me that when you work for yourself, you'll never work harder in your life, but you'll love every minute of it.

I only started pounding the pavement last week, and I think I already love it.

Why won't the library open earlier?

No comments: