Monday, December 01, 2008

Sold my first gun this weekend

Good night sweet prince...




more here

I wont say that I collect guns, but I do have quite a few. More like, I find niches and I fill them. My G22 was filling its niche fine until my 10/22 blew it out of the spot. I can honestly say I'm not a collector because I won't have redundancy in my firearms*. The m44 was filling its niche admirably, but it needed to lose the bayonet to fit in perfectly. Since the screw was irreversibly staked, and I would never take a hacksaw to a piece of history; I decided an m38 would be a better choice and made up my mind to try to sell the m44. When the opportunity came up to sell it to someone I knew would give it a good home, I was still a little reluctant, but the sell made sense.

I know it has a good home now, but seeing the enfield it usually leans against gave me the feeling that it was a bit lonely. Maybe I'll put the 10/22 next to it.

*Except maybe milsurp, or in the case of multiple firearms for multiple people.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....hacksaw....

Anonymous said...

Classicarms.us has the 91/59 for $130.

Fletch said...

Damn Rush baby, I've been scrolling right past those, mistaking them for m44s! Thanks for the tip! I've been wanting to give classic arms some business for a long time!

Anonymous said...

What was wrong with the bayo? That is precisely why I bought an M44 and not an M38.

Oh well, different strokes...

Gary in Vancouver

Fletch said...

The bayo is perfect for what it was intended, and I certainly see the value in it, but my niche did not require it, and it adds a noteworthy amount of weight to the muzzle.

Anonymous said...

Not a problem...sir?