Monday, December 22, 2008

Range fail

After I confirmed my S&W 442 was getting weak hammer strikes, I've been dry-firing it in an effort to smooth out the action. I took it to the range last night and found the weak hammer strikes to be more pronounced instead of less... That just about does it. Getting one dud, and pulling the trigger again to another shot is tolerable. Getting two weak hammer strikes in a row every other cylinder is unacceptable. I'm going to have to send it in, and give my 1911 a little more love.

While the 442's performance was disappointing, I apparently wanted to make it feel better by shooting poorly. After having difficulty keeping on the paper plate at 7 yards, I switched to the GP100, which is always a joy to shoot because I shoot it so well.

More shitty shooting. Tolerable for self defense, but going from cloverleafs at 45 feet to 5 inch groups at 21 feet? I'm fucked up.

I don't know if it was me still being sick, but I was flinching, and shaking, and generally failing at shooting.

Bah. Some days you just can't seem to hit any-damn-thing.

No comments: