Thursday, June 28, 2007

Overheard at work

Chris: Dude, I just found this box for a gun vault!
Me: Oh yeah, that's one of those touch ones that you can open in the dark.
Mark: Awesome! I've never seen this before!
Chris: No, guys, this box is from us!
Boss: Oh yeah, that's [the CEO], he's always had a gun in his desk.
Chris: What? Always? Great, we're all gonna get shot!
Me: Dude. How long have you worked here without him shooting you? Relax.

Yeeeahhhh... I don't know if it's the same way in other states, but here, most techies are gunnies (or the other way around!) When people talk about rednecks, I tell them to go to their IT department and announce that you'd like to go shooting and see how many people offer.

2 comments:

defiant_infidel said...

10-4. I simply love finally talking a non-gunner into going shooting with me and meeting all my buddies. They inevitably are astounded with the manners, knowledge and eagerness to share same with them, the newby.

Exploding myths, one at a time.

Anonymous said...

Over half of our IT dept. are gunnies, and we love converting the rest of them - especially the folks who visit from our Euro offices.