Saturday, March 03, 2007

OMGHOWITSMADESPRINGS!!!1

Ok, I have no idea why I love How it's Made on the Science Channel. The music sucks, the narrator's voice is boring and near-monotone, there's very little "showmanship", it basically has all the makings of a show no one would watch voluntarily.

And yet...

For some boring reason...

I love this show.

It just shows how odd things are made (obviously). The first episode I saw, which also was my most favorite, showed how springs were made. It was awesome.

At first I thought it was seeing all the crazy automated machinery, but I also enjoyed watching some dude make a kayak... It's weird... But I like it.

5 comments:

Haji said...

I don't get it, either. Why would I care how shampoo is made and packaged? Feather dusters...so what? Yay, floss. But I too am totally fascinated by this show. I can't keep from watching it unless there's something about war or guns on DSC or the History Channel. Either there's something wrong with us, or its a guy thing. I voting for IAGT.

blogagog said...

Hooked on it too. Nail production is the best episode. TiVo is required though, unless you want to sit through watching a guy make a bathtub or a kayak.

Fletch said...

I missed a guy making the bathtub?!

defiant_infidel said...

OK, so we're all a distinct MESS and we collectively LOVE that show... So what? Persecute us... afterall, we deserve it... we're Conservatives, too...

Haji said...

I can only hope that this show makes militant muslims mad.