Friday, September 22, 2006

Parlee Posit #4614

In which ExistingThing requires an air horn; lets listen in...

*ring*
Hello, this is (my name).
JAKE?!
... Hello, this is (my name).
Jake is that you?!
This is (my name).
JAKE? IS THIS JAKE???
No.
WHO IS THIS???
(my name)!
You're not Jake!
I find your grasp of the obvious keen.
Huh?!
I called you an idiot.
WHAT? Why?!
Because I thought you should know.
*click*

Hmm...

*ring*
Hello, this is-- Jake.
JAKE! What're we doing tonight?
We're all going to sit down and ponder your inability to successfully operate your telephone, eventually culminating in a ritualized destruction of said phone to free it from the sins of past transgressions.
What?!
I called you an idiot!
WHAT?! #&*$!! *click*

Disclaimer: A posit is, by definition, postulation. This posit has been provided for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to actual events are entirely coincidental (no matter how many witnesses were there that day), and smack of paranoia on your part, if I do say so myself.
*ExistingThing vanishes in a puff of logic*

1 comment:

defiant_infidel said...

Great humor, and man can I ever relate. I have stopped answering any "blocked" caller ID's at my biz... along with all 800 and 866 area code designations. Oh, and anyone from New Jersey...