Thursday, November 01, 2007

Anti-blogroll update, and personal news.

DirtCrashr's blog, Anthroblogogy - on the brink of civilization, or off the edge... has been added to my jobbie on the right column.

Lately, work has been sucking up my blogging zeal, leaving me a dried husk of a blogger. Unable to write, I've been reading DirtCrashr's blog, and have found it to be thoroughly worth your time. His more serious posts are ripe with snark and written in a pithy cadence, and I enjoy that he still takes time to post off-beat or personal posts to keep things unexpected and light.

After I'm done with these projects(sssssssss) I'll head back to the beginning and read it all the way through, because I think it deserves it.

In other personal news, I'm cordite deprived. I'm trying my best to save money, and am have difficulty justifying turning some of that spendin' money into noise and smoke. Sure, I've got a membership to a very local indoor range, and I could just shoot my 22 for trigger practice and cheap cheap ammo, <3 year old>but I don't wanna!</3 year old> I want to shoot my M39, and I want to shoot my .45, and .45 is too damn expensive to justify, and the only place I can shoot my cheap 7.62x54r is two hours away. How can it be that I can't shoot my rifles in peace anywhere within 100 miles?! BLaRGh. I guess I just find something lacking from my 22. Maybe I should take the scope off. Actually, that sounds like a great idea. I'll do that then. Additionally, I've been thinking about Enfields for a while now. I fear I may have caught the milsurp bug. I probably got it from the last gun show... I'd forgotten about the Enfields for a bit, but yesterday Carteach0 had a video from discovery's top 10 battle rifles show, and I couldn't help but watch the Enfield video. Also, we watched Castles in the Sky, and the soldiers are all so obviously armed with Enfields.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I have a 100yd indoor riflerange 10 minutes from my house. :P