Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Beautiful 3 Day weekend off.

This was a real weekend to remember (though, some parts I can't!). It was just what I needed to begin the new year fresh.

In order to relate how perfect this weekend was, I will be using the following smiley animation: as a bullet point image for each point.

Had my Birthday
Had a Birthday lunch of Thai from the best local Thai place. XXX Spicy Noodles if you care. (though I really wanted 5 "X"s)
Had a Birthday Dinner with my family with tons of (REALLY FRESH) sushi from a great sushi place And, I'm a total sushi snob.
Found a place that had my favorite sandals. My favorites broke a bit ago, and the place I got them from didn't sell them over winter. So I suffered with my backups until I couldn't find them, and tried to jury-rig my broken sandals. They broke the same day at a outdoor mall, and we went to some place to pick up some cheapies, and they were selling my favorites! I seriously love these sandals. Always buy extras folks!
Drank my way into my birthday with friends.
I got seriously F'ed up (since I so rarely do) on Wild Turkey and Coke (unlike 101, 80 proof sneaks up on ya!) on New Years with all my friends watching Season 1 of Robot Chicken.
I saw lots of Robot Chicken.
Played a bit of Xbox (Freedom Fighters; awesome game.)
Saw Pursuit of Happyness. (Loved it. But I'm a sucker for these kinds of movies.)
Played a metric ton of Nethack.
Didn't die while played aforementioned metric ton of Nethack. (bonus!)
Lost, then was reunited with my pet Red Dragon, Trogdor, in Nethack. (You have no idea how relieved I was when I found him!)
Not once did I do anything work-related.
Only once did I think about work. (Got a call that I shouldn't have, redirected it off, and quickly forgot about it)
Watched a ton of MASH on the MASH marathon on the Hallmark Channel. (which had hilariously stupid/silly commercials) I've known MASH was quality, but never had the chance to sit down and really watch it.
Had almost no responsibility the entire weekend.
The world lost one more monster to the gallows.

The only way this weekend could have possibly been any better would have been if Jack Bauer punched me in the face, which (I think we can all agree) would have been awesome.

No comments: